PROTECT YOUR IDEAS
STOPfakes.gov was launched to serve as a one-stop shop for U.S. government tools and resources on intellectual property rights (IPR). The federal agencies behind STOPfakes.gov have developed a number of resources to educate and assist businesses, particularly small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), as well as consumers, government officials, and the general public.
The theft of IP from SMEs in particular is a serious matter, as it stifles innovation, slows economic growth, and weakens the competitiveness of U.S. employers, threatening American jobs. Intellectual property theft has an adverse impact on innovation, commercialization of new products and overall economic success. SMEs are particularly vulnerable because they are at a distinct disadvantage in securing IPR in foreign markets and confronting its theft.
How They Can Help:
- Provides helpful country-specific IP protection information.
- Free education and information are made regularly available.
- Find information about U.S. Government offices that can help.
- Discuss, share strategies, and get industry insights about business issues, including intellectual property rights.
- Website: http://www.stopfakes.gov/